MDR Young Talent Incentives Program 2023
This call is now open, deadline: April 30th.
To shape future Regenerative Medicine leaders by providing additional opportunities for (international) scientific exchange, learn certain skills or use facilities not available at your institution. The program aims to support creative and innovative ideas that have the potential to propel the field and the MDR program.
Must be PhD student or PostDoc working at an MDR-affiliated institution. The MDR-affiliated institutions are University of Utrecht (UU), University Medical Center Utrecht (UMCU), Hubrecht Institute (HI), Eindhoven University of Technology (TU/e), and University of Maastricht (UM).
What can be covered:
- Research exchange (up to 6 months) in a laboratory in the Netherlands or abroad in order to perform part of your project, learn certain skills or use facilities not available at your institution
- Technical support and data analysis
- Laboratory costs
Monetary amount available per grant: Up to 10.000 €.
Who can apply?
Talented PhD students or PostDocs working at an MDR-affiliated institution.
When to apply?
For 2023, the call for proposals opens on February 1st. Application deadline is April 30th, 2023. The next application cycle will be in early 2024.
How to apply?
The following documents must be submitted with your application (in .pdf format):
- A short proposal outlined as follows:
- Cover page- Please add one page including project title, applicant’s name, affiliation, email, and brief abstract (max 100 words)
- Main proposal of max. 4 pages (min. font size 11, Arial, single line spacing), excluding references. Additional figures and tables can be placed in an Appendix. The proposal should be structured as follows: 1) Background 2) Specific Aims 3) Methods 4) Detailed explanation of the exceptionally innovative nature of the proposal 5) Description of benefits for applicant’s career 6) Description of collaboration with another institution (within or outside MDR) and added value for the MDR program 7) Budget and timeline
- CV including list of publications
- One letter of recommendation
- In the case of scientific exchange, a statement of support from the intended host institution
Please submit your application by email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The proposals will be evaluated by at least two reviewers. The final decision will be made by the MDR board. Proposals will be evaluated based on the following criteria:
- Relevance of proposal to the scientist’s development and MDR scope
- Creativity: Thinking outside the box!
- Scientific quality of proposal: Clear specific aims and appropriate study design
- Excellence of applicant
- Evidence of collaboration with another institution (within or outside MDR) and added value of the collaboration for the MDR program
Applicants will be notified about proposal selection by June 30th, 2023.
Selected projects should be executed within a year after approval. Awardees are expected to (1) give a short presentation at the MDR annual meeting and (2) write a short report and financial justification within 3 months after the end of the project.