Patricia Dankers is the winner of an Ammodo Science Award for fundamental research 2021 in the Natural Sciences domain.
Dankers designs, synthesizes, and investigates synthetic biomaterials that can control, mimic or even surpass complex biological processes in the human body. Using intelligent chemistry ageing or damaged tissue can be repaired. It is part due to her fundamental research that heart valves and vascular grafts made of synthetic biodegradable biomaterials exist, as well as synthetic hydrogels for the culture of stem cells.
Check out the video of Patricia here:
• Director & Producer: Anne Dilven
• Camera, Audio, Edit, Sound Design & Music: Lonneke Kruisbergen
• Animations: Hugo Leick
• Text Laudatio: Christel Don
• Intro & Title Design: Vandejong
• Final Mix: Soundfocus
• Chair Advisory committee: Eric Opdam